Friday, March 11, 2016

Seven Days in Early March

A week slips by. She's got that puppy now, and I haven't seen her since. I'm busy working two jobs, commuting, making tiny installments on large bills, trying to get a bad neck fixed- but I notice and sleep poorly. What it means is what it means, I'm not chasing her.

Spring is trying to arrive. I saw a peeper last night hopping across the wet road. It seemed either optimistic or foolish.

This morning, outside my front door, a mirthless robin and I stood facing each other. I don't feel like a parade either. I'm not exactly walking on sunshine myself.

It's never easy, this changing, even when it's for the good.

They say another person can't make you feel anything - not happy, not sad - that you do it all yourself. That seems, right now, rather trite.

No comments:

Post a Comment