Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Painful Tickle

This fruit fly is a sod, but I'm not going to focus on that guy. My king-size bed is a mockery now and I'm thinking about down-sizing, should the funds become available, in order to create more space in my cell. Distill. Get down to the essentials. In the absence of a Queen, even a queen-size mattress seems extravagant. A twin, however, may signify resignation and a surrender I'm not quite ready to offer.




Students with healthy hair and clear eyes. My nipples are sensitive under my performance t-shirt. What's that about? Source of my nurture, my empathy, my special power - three grains left in a leather pouch.




Send a message to a young man who believes that keeping his guns is actually saving his life despite his suicidal thoughts, despite easy access, despite the incessant whispering through the night. It does get dark, you tell him, but don't make it easy for the demon. Unload it. Eject the round from the chamber. Remove each bullet from the magazine. Put on the trigger lock and keep it secured in the gun safe. Put the magazine somewhere else, and the bullets in a third remote location. Make it a multi-step process with time to think, time to reconsider, time to side with your body and your heart that only want to continue, that want to give love. Better yet, store the damn things at a friend's house for safe keeping.




Sometimes we need to be kept. Sometimes we need a keeper.




I still think about you more than I think about anything else. Most days you are featured in the first thought upon waking and the last thought before slipping away. That's some kind of honor, I think. Too bad it doesn't help either of us.


I want to believe in light energy, in reiki, in the ability to send out my love and make things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment