Monday, October 17, 2016

In OrderTo Move Forward, You Must First Witness The Execution Of Your Tenacious Hopes

Mistakes were made is what my boy would say
Maybe it's better to wonder than to know
In knowing, I am lower down now...

I sent a probe - something told me forward the photos
taken with trembling hands in bad light of
her meeting the puppy you picked up at the airport for
the first time. It was March and cold, and the puppy was
shivering in her hands so she placed it on her breast
and zipped the puppy inside her coat thereby demonstrating a capacity for love.
The puppy was happy, and the girl was happy, and the moment was perfect.

You were happy too, a spastic photographer
attempting to document the moment love occurs.

She acknowledged receipt of the photos with a
generic single word response followed by an exclamation point
thereby demonstrating a capacity for deflection,
for letting you down easy by not saying more,
for letting go, and for moving on.

In knowing, I am lower down now
Maybe it is better to wonder than to know
Mistakes were made, that's what my boy would say...




No comments:

Post a Comment