Sunday, June 10, 2018

With Only Minor Ache

Thinking of it as a break with continuity, and the new reality
Is just disconnected events without particular sequence
A dog sleeps at my side now twitching through a dream
Sleeping alone is no longer something to get used to
Normal now so long, I prefer it
Sober now with minor aches.

Imagining the indignity of position of a found body
The discoloration of the face and its half-open eyes, burst vessels,
Blood pooled, the ghastly stricture, slump and stillness which
The friend who finds it will never shake, smoke, drink or scream from memory
The rate continues to increase, I think, because the world is sickened now
Nearly unto death, and we are, after all, of this world and only this.

Sober now with minor aches
I think I can handle Google and it's revelations
And find only a change of name and evidence that
You found what you wanted and landed on your feet
I can't see far into your world from here, and to this I
Do not attach any particular significance.


No comments:

Post a Comment