Friday, November 30, 2018

Auburn

More tires. Two 60,000 mile all-seasoners that I hope live up to the name. Walk a little with a small backpack. My foot steps are awkward, like relearning. My belly jiggles. Thinking of her strong hands and forearms. Getting mesmerized by a pair of eyes in a coffee shop, staring stupidly- she's waiting for you to speak. You don't, thereby minimizing the humiliation.

The article stated the obvious. The language of depression employs lots of downbeat adjectives, uses the pronoun "I" and it's derivatives more than the others, and includes lots of absolutes like "never" and "always".  So check yourself.

I don't think that gets it. They talk about depression as if it's like contracting the flu. Like one day it's not there, and then it is. And you start feeling low, just like that, on an otherwise lovely day.
They make no reference to the forces that wear you down. I suppose those would be harder to medicate and make a mountain of money on.

Social determinates - the conditions in your world that bring you down. That's closer to the ticket, I think. Maybe more about that later.




No comments:

Post a Comment