Monday, April 18, 2016

Marathon

Sleeping in after working all night - a family fight,  the second heroin overdose in a day, auditory hallucinations, a man who pierced an artery in jail. Sleep came easily after, at 4:30 AM, but it's a bright Spring day, and I could neither stay asleep or rise feeling good and participate in it. She's in a large crowd today with a new friend, I think, supporting the runners. That hurts me more than it should. Half dreaming, I receive a text message in my head in which she said my name and that she was feeling happier already.

Don't do that to yourself.
It's important not to stay here.
Don't get stuck in this place - stomach dropping, hollowed out core.

You're free now. Even if you don't know where you are or where to go from wherever this is.
When in doubt, go forward - take the next step. You know this.

Whatever you decide, you must run your own race. And you must let her run hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment