Sunday, July 23, 2017

Outing

Talked mostly with radios and birds
and people living cigarette break to cigarette
break last week, otherwise I was alone, and it
still hurts waking up remembering doing so
in love.

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star
In somebody else's sky
Why, why, why, can't it be...
Can't it be, mine?

You're speaking my heart,  young Eddie.
I feel it open, swamp and sink again.
But I'm not blaming you, man,
It's just where my head goes.
You know?

Tattooed all we are indeed, Ed,
and I pick up this tasty Brazilian glass
with my bitter hand and sip the citrus-alcoholic power
through a straw, but it does nothing to keep me
from seeing her eyes.

I'll hold my course though, Eddie.
I ain't going down.
A lady is coming to tell me something tonight,
and I'm here to seep a little blood and listen
to the news.



No comments:

Post a Comment