Saturday, August 17, 2019

Sturgeon Moon Walk

Set out on an hour walk at 9:30.
Humid night, mostly quiet, suburban to rural continuum.
Walking the main road without light is probably a bad idea, though I've done so for years.
Detour into the subdivisions hearing air conditioners.
Television (or whatever it's called these days) glowing through the windows.
Glimpses of the surreal- enormous images on wide screens.
Some light their entire perimeter.
My presence alerts a small house dog inside.
It barks, just doing its job.

I like the darkness better. The bat that swoops my head to get a better reading. The full moon rising silver over the tree tops - a sturgeon moon, from the Algonquin, named when the rhythms of things probably made more sense.

I am sweating, moving.

Cotton underwear and t-shirt are not the best idea,
but I'm only out for an hour, just getting started,
not bearing a load.

I seem to see possibility.
Am I actually looking forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment