Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Grim

For the past several years I've been visited frequently by a troubling thought fragment trying to surface. I never allow it to develop very far. It has to do with what happens when climate change has gone past the tipping point, and it becomes clear to all that we've fucked it up beyond repair (humans). It's too late  fully realized.

I see masses of sensitive people - the wrong people - dying in large groups by ritual suicide in an attempt to ease Nature's burden.

I don't know how to dissuade them. I don't have anything better to offer them.

Stay and fight.
Probably yet another war metaphor isn't going to help much though.

Stay and try.
This is trying, they say through earnest tears.

Stay and start fresh. Let's stop a minute and think about what that could mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment