Friday, November 15, 2019

Where I've Been

Since the last time, November's come in and stripped the trees bare, made the skies grey, sent the temperatures down to as low as ten degrees.

I went to Texas, came back again, bought heating oil (before it ran out this time) and paid the bills.

I spent some time with each of the kids, sang karaoke, made a friend who treated me right and made me grateful.

I stood in front of muchisimas statues of Nuestra SeƱora de Santa Muerte in that Dallas bazaar the tornado just barely missed, watched the first snow flakes fall here at the highest point between the Berkshires and the East Coast, endured a couple of tedious and uncomfortable flights, and gathered the shiny frequent flyer miles feeling like a sucker with a sore ass all the while.

I talked to a girl armed with a pink can of mace through the car window, and later, to some other people about another girl who shattered on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment