Saturday, December 7, 2019

That's Why

First, a flight that included a Harvard Business School student with zero respect for a fellow traveler's sleep (one diagnostic indication of bad character), then transitioning to temps in the 30s and snow, then the car started without a problem after two weeks in a garage, and the tire with the bent rim still had air in it, but my driveway at 3 AM was covered by a foot and a half of snow and significantly more than that where the plow had packed it in, then while shoveling to make room for my car and to get to my bed, I thought to myself why the hell did I come back here for two stupid days?

And then early this afternoon, I saw my youngest boy looking taller as he walked out of his house. We ate a meal, he got a flu shot, I got a haircut, we swapped some stories, jokes and laughs, watched a movie and everything was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment