Friday, February 21, 2020

Chicken facts

Among other things, I dreamed that chicken eggs are healthier for human consumption during the colder seasons. I think we need a fact checker to verify that. Has fake news infiltrated my dreams?

The dream got me remembering the chickens and all that went with raising them. And then on to thinking about how happy I felt doing basic domestic chores with you. Making a bed, doing laundry, feeding and watering the chickens, collecting the eggs, preparing a meal, walking the dogs, mowing your grass, making espresso, checking out all the items on store shelves, criminally disposing of the chicken waste. I liked to do some of that to help you manage your busy life, but I really loved when we did those things together.

Of course, now I'm wishing there was more of that.

I liked being around you and your sister, together, and your collective dogs. Listening to her playing Chopin in the other room, hearing you bantering back and forth, watching you manage your household. I liked dreaming about becoming part of your family sometimes, and about you becoming part of mine. I liked your brown birds, and all your flowers, and the lovely retreat you made out on the the porch - the home you created for yourself. I liked seeing you in it.

I loved waiting for you to come to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment