Monday, March 9, 2020

Inappropriate Affect

Just as often as not, I feel like that green vomiting emoji I see in use.

It was triggered today by receiving notification that I now once again have good credit. I'm a real person, a valid human being. Congratulations! This is instantly followed by loan offers, credit card offers, a raise in my credit limit. Wooooooooo! Join the party!

Umph-eh-rawwwwwwwwr! Pardon me, and no thank you. Sorry if I got some on your shoes.

Tonight, a message from a beautiful woman. She's been thinking of a future for us, she says. Waking up together, having breakfast. This is something that should make me happy. Instead, the room starts to spin, I'm sweaty but feeling cold, my heart is pounding in my head, my stomach is about to explode its insides out. Slow. Slow. Please. Slow.

Yeah, I want to run. Maybe we could just meet for a drink. A pleasant evening with no greater expectations.

The author on the radio was right. No one talks about the twenty-second century. Still, I'm going to make an effort to make my yard more friendly to pollinators this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment