Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Summary

There's a quiet roaring or rushing sound in my head that goes with a virus. I've got that going on and two fingers tingling all day but nothing else. I took a walk in the sun. I paid the wi-fi bill. I took a phone call asking if I wanted to fill in at a hospital where the social worker just quit. I can still breathe.

There was a girl sitting at the edge of a pond playing an acoustic guitar and singing. I was walking along the nearby road. There was no one else around. I waved as I walked past. She looked away.

I had the distinct impression she was making a video, using the pond as a serene backdrop. Maybe because of the way she dressed and the way she reacted.

Something felt sad to me about that. I had this thought that all of us, right now, are self-obsessed, busy making intimate videos against curated backdrops that no one cares to watch. That's probably shaded a little by who I am and where my head is at though.

I'm sure many people were entertained. Maybe even uplifted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment