Thursday, May 14, 2020

Gone

I'm avoiding a whole stack of things so
I play a game with myself and say let's just take a short nap
Then persecutory laughter jars me awake before the alarm can
And something about that sound triggers a memory of the
Last morning.

The hotel with it's luxurious white pillows and sheets again.
I am trying to find that place but it's taking too long, and you notice.
I'm trying to come on but it's not happening, and I'm waiting past the urge
to panic, waiting for the magic to arrive, the synchronicity, the groove, the music -
the touch of such love. It's still here, just wait a little.

You roll your eyes
Slowly. Loudly. Endlessly.
While the light withdraws
And the whole scene cracks
The sound of flapping wings fading into distance

No comments:

Post a Comment