Saturday, June 13, 2020

Dream

1.   A day's work comes in from the warehouse, and I'm glad to go. The money is good and necessary, and I'm wondering how the people I started to get to know back in April are doing.

Maria is there. I spot her immediately. She touches her heart when she sees me, and I do the same. Her eyes are smiling above her mask. She is still disinfecting everything all day.

We try to communicate in our respective languages.

Enfermo? 

No, no...y tu? 

No!

Gracias a Dios!

I want to put her in a house. Give her a pool to sit beside. A cool tropical drink to sip.
Leisure and nothing to worry about. But I don't have these things.

2.   When the initial excitement fades, I find myself thinking about what it would be like to enter the day to day of someone else's world again. To allow someone else into the tangle of mine. The idea makes me pessimistic. I open a book and start to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment