Saturday, June 27, 2020

Precious and few indeed

'Cause if I can't find my way back home
It just wouldn't be fair
Precious and few are the moments we two can share

In my dream, I sang the whole song while swinging gently from tree to tree the entire length of a city park. I'd been walking and noticed that when I leapt I stayed in the air a little longer than gravity typically allows and that I came back to earth slowly as if filled with helium. Soon I was leaping slowly up into trees, using my hands on the branches to propel me forward, up or down. I glided above the business people singing.

Many of the tree trunks were riddled with holes placed by woodpeckers in interesting patterns. There seemed to be meaning there, but I could not yet decipher it.

There was much I hadn't understood before I learned to leap.  Now, things were being revealed.

I was floating high above, nearly flying. The District Attorney was acting silly in her office. She didn't know I was there. She was quirky, maybe a little crazy. I knew I'd be able to work with her. I was feeling at ease.

Precious and few are the moments we two can share
Lying in blue like the sky I'm hung over you

No comments:

Post a Comment