Thursday, July 16, 2020

Acculturated

I've been working in an all female setting since May 11. This may be rubbing off on me. A couple of days ago they organized a celebration for Nurse Ana, who is engaged to a male nurse on another floor. Colleen is the party planner in the bunch, and she does an absolutely professional job on top of her work as an occupational therapist and being the mom of an infant. The table in the break room, once the food and cakes were displayed, was fit for a magazine cover.

I was making phone calls while they were discretely setting up. There was a lot of talk about the cakes. I like cake as much as anyone, but I don't really think about it or talk about it. This time, though, I found my anticipation for cake building with the others. I suddenly couldn't wait to taste those chocolate shavings, the strawberries. In short, I found myself way too happy about cake.

When Ana's beau was finally able to sneak off his floor and join her, we all gathered and the couple cut the much anticipated fancy cake together. I congratulated Ana later and told her he was a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment