Monday, July 13, 2020

Bang bang, I am the warrior

I managed to chase down the deductions today - the educationally estimated number of miles I drove,  the tolls I paid, the mortgage interest, child support - like that. As usual, it was a mild pain in the ass but nothing worth the build up of months of procrastination and avoidance. Wonder what that mind game is called.

So tonight I'm a little more free, a little bit more accomplished. I came home and went to war with the poison ivy that's trying to over run the hermitage. Chemical warfare. I'm not about to root it out. Know your enemy.

I've had ants in the house too. We coexisted harmoniously for quite a while, but then they started appearing in sinks, around toilets, in my bed. You give an inch, they take a mile. I don't want conflict, but I'm not surrendering my space in the world either. You know? So now, it's poison.

This is what happens when I finally get some shit done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment