Monday, July 20, 2020

Sunday outing and Monday morning

We made it. Breakfast, gelato, the beach, and a shared dinner of lobster, scallops and clam chowder. It was a nice day despite not having a plan. South Cape Beach. It was 15 degrees cooler there than at home.

And this is now my last scheduled week of working in this place. Maybe I should get roses for the island girls in Dunkin Donuts.

I was annoyed today by the voices of my coworkers. Too many words. Mostly about nothing. The "How was your weekend?" drill every Monday morning. Clucking and cooing. They're nice people socializing, making an effort. I guess I don't.

I joked with one of the nurses for a few minutes. She's young, finishing her master's, getting engaged. She's happy. I felt her vitality. I felt old. We talked about being hypersensitive to smells, and how it's hard to gag and interview a patient at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment