Saturday, August 1, 2020

My new shucker, pork clouds, and the first real talk of our lives

Bought an oyster shucker and shucked a few oysters with my boy today. We finally got those steamed clams we'd been wanting too.

I saw a woman outside the fish market who looked like you wearing a mask. About the same height, hair length, complexion, posture. A pang of something. She asked if I knew how to shuck an oyster. Told her I never had.

When it was our turn in the store, I decided it was time to learn. We bought a half dozen along with the handy new shucker, but she was long gone. We ate the briny oysters out of the shells in the shade of the building next door.

Went to a farm store and bought some native blueberries. Speculated a little about what Pork Clouds might be after reading the name on a bag .

He talked to me today. Really talked. It was a real honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment