Monday, August 3, 2020

Date night

She asked why I didn't ask any questions about her. I told her I was a narcissist - benign not malignant - but a narcissist nonetheless. She said seriously though, it felt as though I wasn't interested in her. That stopped me cold. Was she right? Even then I was coming up empty. I could make her laugh. I was content to sit there and talk with her. But I guess I had no questions.

She would eventually tell me what she wanted me to know. She would probably never tell me what she didn't want me to know.

I am here because I want to kiss you. What information do I need? You have questions because you wonder if there is something to gain or to fear. I have no questions because I know ultimately one of us isn't staying. Maybe now or maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment