Thursday, September 24, 2020

Nature boy, muddle through, try to remember what to do...

The compost is coffee grounds, occasional egg shells, and whatever turns green on the counter or spoils in the refrigerator. I carry it out to the far corner of the yard, now overgrown with goldenrod and milkweed and some other plant that's currently flowering. Late season bees - one honey and one bumble - are still doing their work. I treat them like unicorns or hobbits. I'm walking the same path whatever creature eats the compost and tips the birdbath over uses on it's rounds. The chickadees on the feeders don't move much when I come out. They give me a few feet of space but they don't fly away. Feels good to see them eat the sunflower seeds I leave them. The sun sets a little earlier tonight. The crickets seem kindly, calling me toward sleep. I could be alright here.

No comments:

Post a Comment