Thursday, September 17, 2020

Neighbor

 I was just out walking along the posted 40 mile per hour small town road that I live on. A vehicle approached from behind beeping it's horn rapidly but gently in that way someone does as a greeting or salutation. I raised my hand automatically to wave. It was a pickup truck with two big signs in the back. One said, TRUMP. And the other said, Protect The Blue. He had one of those blue desecrated American flags flying back there too.

The driver was wearing a suit and waving out the side window while watching me in his mirror. I rapidly modified my form of salute to one more appropriate and made sure he saw it. 

Trump and his slimy campaign have just about worn out the entire catalogue of cheap tricks and shallow cons. This one is what you call a false equivalence. Trump and Protection. Trump and Law and Order. Trump and The Police.

The true equivalence is Trump and Oppression. Trump and A Quid Pro Quo Protection Racket For Himself. Trump and A Police State.

The driver seemed very happy to be out there parading this message around like a deranged Easter bunny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment