Saturday, October 24, 2020

Good story though

What a woman doesn't want to hear is a story about another woman, even if it is a funny story. 

You had called me unexpectedly. I was in a bad place, feeling very low, having just left a local hotel. You invited me out for a drink with you and a friend of yours I didn't know. I declined claiming I had something to do. You asked what that something was. I said I had to return a vacuum cleaner. You asked where. Walmart, I answered. You asked what kind of vacuum cleaner. A Dirt Devil, I said. 

"No one uses Dirt Devils anymore. Just come out."

How could I not? 

Retelling the story made me smile. 

The woman I told the story to turned her back to me. She wasn't smiling. She said I was in love with you. She said I'd probably always be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment