Tuesday, October 13, 2020

His children

At 4:30, I woke to the uncommon sound of rain and laid there listening to it in the dark. A car drove by and the periphery of it's headlights entered through the window and moved quickly across my bedroom ceiling. I remembered laying in the dark in my room at about age 6 wondering if that movement of light was an angel. Specifically, if it was my dead father in angelic form. You are left in the wake of a sudden death with sickness, disorientation and the things people tell you - he's watching over you from heaven, he's with God now. You learn to pray, honest and direct, out of fear. You speak directly to God, beseeching him. He doesn't answer so you start interpreting passing car headlights as maybe a sign of his love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment