Saturday, October 17, 2020

Rain this morning too

Whole days of necessary rain. Just one more like this  accompanied by wind  will transform the view and the state of mind. Bare stark trees against the grey sky. A November sight that bores it's way into you. I'm in no hurry. 

I wake with a clear head, rested, with no desire at all to get up. With my eyes closed, I revert to thinking of you sleeping beside me. Is it the cool temperatures that bring those thoughts and memories? That desire.

Did you trust me during those times? Did you feel safe beside me? Did you fall asleep in love the way that I did? And have you thought about doing so since then ? How about now? Would you consider it? Nothing else has to occur - no talking, no explaining, no filling in the gaps. I will have no questions waiting for you and I will keep the path to the door clear. 

Just come here, slip into bed beside me and find a comfortable position in which you can rest. I will move closer to you. Maybe you will move closer to me. Then we will find  again that place that for me was like heaven. And I will remain in that state of restful but alert stillness, feeling your breath deepen and your body relax. Feeling the heat of you. The miracles of your skin and hair. 

That music inside me starts quietly, sweetly. And the longer I am able to remain awake and receptive to you, the higher it builds. Soaring, swirling toward a crescendo and then descending again slowly, taking me regretfully toward sleep. The symphonies you inspired in me - just sleeping there - that you never got to hear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment