Friday, October 9, 2020

Sleeping against me on a boat to an island

I live alone, so in the case of a pandemic, and it's requisite limited contact with the outside world, there is no one here to turn to. Or to turn against. And I am very thankful for that last part. If you and I lived together during these times what would it be like? Would you have come to hate the sight of me, the sound of me, the smell of me? Would we be sleeping separately? That's how I got to thinking of this, by trying to sleep separately from you. And remembering, as I so often do, you falling asleep next to me. And I falling asleep next to you. I remember far less about actually waking up wih you. You were always in motion, busy, maybe that's why. But when you'd fallen asleep, I could be with you without interruption. Feel you breathing. Hear the music of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment