Thursday, October 22, 2020

Trying to stay centered

It was 70 degrees today and changing over into dark October colors.
I saw five furry bumblebees piled in around a single cluster of small flowers. 
How far do they go? How long do they last? Does winter kill them off? 
I'm ashamed to know so little about them but delighted to watch them work
Bees mean hope, even though I try not to put much stake in that word, you know?
Do the work of today is what I try to tell myself and let that be enough
But to see those pollinators holding the circle together feels good
Then I went to the store for ham and cheese and milk and apple cider
Deviled Ham was on sale so I bought two cans of that
The plaza is located near a major intersection and there were probably 
Thirty of forty cars parked on the side of the road
Lots of blue flags in pickup truck beds
trump flags
A little rally, a couple of horns blaring their support
I've  always felt that this particular town was fucked up
Since childhood it's been wrong 
Maybe lead poisoned
I don't even like to drive through it

I'm an American, how can I vote for that asshole?

This is not meant to be a poem by the way
I just couldn't figure out how to change the alignment

 

No comments:

Post a Comment