Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sunday with another human in my house

Morning:

I wonder if these morning birds bouncing off the bedroom slider are actually a demand to refill the feeders. Eat the cracked corn, you bougie bastards. I'm all out of black sunflower seeds. My son spent the night here. We took a walk in the woods, ate a meal, did homework and watched a movie together. He's got a lot to do today, and it's time to get started. 

I read something that's been rattling around in my head since. Have I already seen you for the last time?

Evening:

The moon is full and bright enough to read by tonight. I saw my son watching it rise through the car window and felt proud that he pays attention to such things. We saw Saturn and Jupiter appear to be moving closer to each other in the night sky. Soon they will seem to converge into one very bright planet for the first time since the middle ages. What does it portend?

No comments:

Post a Comment