Friday, November 13, 2020

Sun

Driving on a cold grey rainy day
I remembered you looking at me carefully
You said you liked my freckles
The ones on my shoulders
Hearing that felt better than it should have
Like a warm light coming on

Inside the surprised man
A small boy looking down with
Reddening cheeks, an involuntary smile
Inside the stunned boy
Seen now, gently,
A new warm orange glow shines

- - - - - - -

You are all through me today. The cardinals are here, arriving at dusk to feed. It's chilly, and I'm thinking of tea for warmth though I rarely drink the stuff. The green tea bags you left behind so long ago remain in the cabinet, and I smile as I prepare one wondering at what point tea becomes old hay. This signals another train of memory to wind it's way out of the tunnel. And just then the organ that opens "Push the Sky Away" kicks in.




No comments:

Post a Comment