Monday, November 9, 2020

There's something better than Fox

Magical thinking versus rational thinking - man, I can relate to that. I'm a magical thinker too. For instance, don't tell me love boils down to a body's reaction to oxytocin when I know damn well that it's my soul taking flight. I know what soaring on wings feels like. I'll take poetry over science six days out of seven any week. 

But during a pandemic, poetry is better read and written wearing a mask, and science is a worthy source to tune into for hearing about what's going on out there. It's not really about practicing one to the total exclusion of the other. But I do understand your attraction to the magical. Hell, I know for certain I wouldn't have gotten this far without it. 

But when the magic you conjur up comes down to conspiracy theories, QAnon, angels intervening in earthly elections and trump as some kind of savior, you should really ask yourself if that's the best you've got. I mean, if you're going to practice magic, why not practice the good stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment