Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Virtual magic

The bruja entered my mind as I was falling asleep. She came in the form of a silent blue cloud. Somehow I recognized her immediately. She didn't knock but neither did she force entry. She simply found me open and so entered. She was responding to my initial signal. She had come to authenticate it. Preventing that from taking place would have been like trying to stop water or smoke with my hands. 

Tonight, I looked for the Mexican witch but couldn't find her. She did not come into my mind. But she did send an icaro. A simple song of thanks to the ancestors for their medicine, to the spirits and the angels, and to other beings with beautiful names that I could not understand. A meditation of breath and flame. A special candle surgically filled with meaning and intentions unknown to me. The singer's voice itself was medicine. The rhythm of the candle flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment