Sunday, January 24, 2021

A fair Sunday

Retuned to normal now, except for the poison ivy looking rash on hands and wrists, and feeling like I'm suited in spiritual armor against the evolving bug. Contact with all three of the kids today. I shopped for vegetables in a store I always wanted to show you back then. Found out they grind their own almonds into almond butter there and felt a twist of regret. I wish I'd known this then. It would have given me great pleasure to bring you some. What a treat a tablespoon of almond butter was to you in those lean days. Your birthday recently happened again. I hope you were treated to a nice dessert or two. Home alone and quiet now, feeling healthier and finding myself soon thinking about the Camino again. I do some reading of blogs and websites. I make the mistake of watching a few You Tube videos which seem to me to shrink and package the whole experience into a consumable portion. This I don't need. Let me imagine it freely and on my own. I don't want your walls, parameters, fences, packaging. Let my own feet walk the road and let them ache if they must. Let me see those Spanish vistas with my own new eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment