Thursday, January 28, 2021

Go where it takes you

The doors to the patient rooms on that particular floor are closed and marked with signs warning the few who enter to take the proper precautions - mask, gloves, gown, booties and face shield. I tell the nurses who I am and why I'm there. There happens to be an empty room I can inventory. One of the nurses shows me the way. "Covid?", I ask. "Yup", she says. "Lucky you", I say.  She laughs. This is their every day. It has been for a year now. It's been a week since I received the second dose of the Moderna vaccine. The rash on my hands seems to be fading. They're already saying we'll need a booster for the even more virulent and deadly South African variant. Last night, when I was out walking, some words appeared in my head. It wasn't a voice, just the words. Love that is freely given is never lost. Right on, I said. I've really come to enjoy those walks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment