Saturday, February 13, 2021

Health

Waiting for a call from the guy that asks about my consumption of health care every few months as part of a national health care access survey. Yes, Dr. Denial is still my primary care physician. No, I don't feel like having my height, weight and blood pressure measured twice a year constitutes health care (although it seems to be all that's necessary to generate a bill, that and a provider's glance). And a physician that doesn't look me in the eye in the four minutes s/he's in the room does nothing to engender a healing response. Sorry, you're just not that good. So that's my excuse. The phone call comes in. He's got to ask all the questions verbatim despite the fact that I told him up front I've received no health care of any sort in the last six month - except for the vaccination x 2 at work. It's an easy fifty bucks for saying "nope" until it sounds like gibberish. What the hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment