Saturday, February 27, 2021

Table for one in the function room

Two Bloody Marys with Tito's, please. And some coffee. And some breakfast too. Maybe a little lunch while I'm at it. Hell, let's do it all at once. 

That's how I did it and then went home to plan the second half of the day but fell asleep for a couple of hours and before you know it it was dark. I was on the phone with a stranger who was doing all the talking when she started saying something about checking off boxes and I started feeling queasy then told her really peace of mind was all I wanted and I was probably not following the program she seemed to be and then my battery quit because now I was outside walking in the cold night air and the timing was just about perfect. 

The moon and stars were so bright and untroubled above me. My shadow just winked and gave me a nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment