Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Let's see what the morning brings

Walking in the morning is usually good for starting the blood and the words flowing inside me. It often elevates my mood. Often but not always. 

This morning I was walking the horseshoe subdivision and noticing all the ADT security signs in front of the houses. A warning to the lazy, welfare-slurping, drug-addled city folk that our bedroom community and it's fruit are not for you to pluck. I was thinking I'd make my own sign - Protected by ASTS (Ain't Shit To Steal). 

And then I saw him burst into the kitchen yelling. Who knows why, but that's not love in his eyes. His sleeves are rolled up above thick sunburned wrists and forearms. His right fist is clenched and low, almost to the floor, as if about to throw the haymaker that'll teach you good and dead. He shuffles forward menacingly. In front of him is a woman and a boy of maybe 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment