Monday, March 22, 2021

Lingering effects

The dream woke me earlier then I'd planned to get up. The guy was insufferable. I told my friend to staple him while I held his arms, so he did. A number of times. That didn't shut him up or satisfy my desire to kill him.

Later, I read about the recent suicide of the CEO of Texas Roadhouse who had been dealing with the lingering effects of Covid-19. The effects included tinnitus. 

Recently, I worked with a man dealing with the same condition. His desperation had exhausted his family and he finally checked himself into a psychiatric hospital because the tinnitus was more than he could bear. There's no treatment for tinnitus. We treated the anxiety. Tried to encourage him to keep going. Said it was probably temporary. But we didn't really know. 

One of my eyes is turning red. It's not conjunctivitis. 

I tried to drown the man in my dream, but the water was too deep. There was no bottom to hold him against. I woke to the sound of tearing paper. Again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment