Sunday, March 7, 2021

Walk it off

Everything is amazing these days. 

But the youngest says he doesn't feel any emotions at all. Everything's gone on a little too long, I agree with him. But Spring's coming, and this virus will eventually be tamed. But I get you, man. Keep going. He likes a director called Christopher Nolan now. And he's watching all of his movies systematically. I thank the amazing he's got that.

My daughter is 23 today and trying to keep her soul
     The gift she'd like from us is just a singing bowl

All of my dishes have been rinsed and scoured this morning after communing in filth in my sink for far too long. The dishwasher, filled to capacity, is expected to right things. Set it and forget it. A benevolent god who takes care of everything. Amazing. 

I'm going for a walk. A 10,000 step expectation. Past white windows of privilege, Fox programming, bitter communion. A sickly witness. 

What doesn't kill you just makes you crazier, Mr. Cave sings to me.

I'm on the tundra in a sharp September wind kissing a girl with such warmth in her eyes. I'm standing beside a Mexican girl in a white dress and a wreath of flowers in her hair. I'm walking toward a woman in a fur coat waiting under the light on a pier with my heart racing. I'm writing love letters to someone far away who's kept a space inside for me, as I do for her, through all these years. I'm remembering a girl, a sort of paradise, before we were married and the egg cracked and bled out in my hands.

I'm watching you walking away from me eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment