Thursday, April 8, 2021

Detour

Going to help my daughter this morning after she had another pony shot from under her. She's alright, thank goodness. 

I noticed for the first time this year, just this morning, that Spring smell of the earth opening and greening. The birds and the squirrels are more active. The sun making its way up through the trees makes everything seem clean and promising.

I have enough energy to do the dishes.

It turns into a day of police report chasing, claim filing, coordinating and paying for towing and storage fees and renting a car. Tempers flare a little here and there but we work it out together. She does most of the talking and I try to help her think it through and hang back. After it's all done, she thanks me for being there. 

I should have thanked her for the opportunity to be a Dad again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment