Thursday, April 29, 2021

Saigon cinnamon

I've got the words "Saigon cinnamon" in my head for some, or absolutely no, reason. Today, my daughter and I test drove a car together, I clutched the handhold on the passenger side door and said a quick little prayer for her safety. Later, we had dinner together and talked like two adults. Her childhood seems a lifetime ago, and I feel like a different person entirely. When I got home, I fell asleep early listening to the rain. When I awoke, From Her To Eternity was playing in my head. The song reminds me of another time, before even the childhood of my daughter, when I was yet another person I scarcely recognize now. The wounds are familiar, and the music makes me feel them, but little else is. I'm glad I didn't know Anita Lane but I'm sorry I didn't know her too. She seems like one of those women you don't get over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment