Sunday, May 23, 2021

Lifecycle

Seems like only a couple of days ago that I was looking at the dandelions in my yard and reading up on the process for making them into wine. 

The leaves, even the young ones, were pretty bitter for eating raw but I thought I could mix them with other greens in a salad. I wondered if there were enough flowers out there to make a small batch. They seemed to be everywhere. 

This morning, I'm refilling the feeders and watering the flowers and noticing only a very few yellow flowers across the yard. All of them have gone to seed. 

I'm out of synch. The process of wine making is too slow for me while the life cycle of the flower is too fast. 

I got the septic tank pumped for the first time. Apparently that should be done every three years. I believe I've been living here twenty.

My daughter, now twenty-three, wants to learn to ride a bicycle. I'm afraid I won't remember how to teach her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment