Saturday, May 1, 2021

Not much but something

The flowers I planted have sprouted and I've been fairly good about keeping them watered. The lilacs have bloomed in Amherst, but I've not seen them here yet. I caught a hint of their scent on the breeze somewhere. When I was waiting for the washer to finish its agitating, I walked outside the laundromat and approached a lilac tree with the intent to smell. I put my nose very near to up against a large cluster of blossoms but smelled nothing. Maybe it's too early yet. Maybe they haven't ripened enough. Maybe I'm learning yet again that whatever you love you will eventually lose. Be unattached, I guess. I've known the pleasure of the scent of lilacs. Cool today but sunny. Tomorrow the hummingbird feeders go up and I'll strap that backpack on and get out on the trail heading South this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment