Friday, June 4, 2021

Worse still

Leadership. When there's a vacuum there, bad goes to worse and then tragedy strikes. The best thing that could come from tragedy is a waking up, a call to action, and a period of rebuilding which is often a slow and steep climb. The worst thing - I can think of right now at least - is a string of these tragedies and a massive turnover all at once. 

Maintenance, that's what the housekeeper told me. He's right.

Two of the kids sent me pictures today from a time when they and I were much younger. I remembered something of what I felt like then and have trouble tracing the route from there to here. The feeling that I'm left with is a sick one. At least there are photos though. Proof.

We were on this train. It was night time and moving fast. I got up to stretch my legs and to use the bathroom. Between the cars - the wheels' heavy clanking, the wind, the exciting smell of foreign air. I must have fallen. I didn't jump, I swear.

I just fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment