Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Mine's just one

Spiritually, I'm with the disenchanted young people of China who have decided to lie flat. I feel inclined to do the same, but there are other people counting on me. It's time for new ventures. 

Yesterday, I found myself thinking that if we get any more rain the trees near my house could fall. When I woke up this morning, I found one laying across my backstairs having missed the house by mere centimeters. This is the second time that's occurred. 

California burns again, a billion sea creatures have boiled in their habitat, the Gulf of Mexico is on fire, Siberia's permafrost is proving to be only semi-perma, the Alaska salmon run is the slowest it's been in many years and can no longer feed the people who rely on it. It's a time of change. No one is immune. 

No comments:

Post a Comment