Thursday, July 1, 2021

Stray cat strut

A couple of days ago, I noticed what looked like scar tissue on the shoulder of a grey squirrel eating on the platform feeder. What got ahold of you, I wondered. Later the same day, while walking through the fields of a small college's former equestrian program, I noticed several scattered wild turkey feathers. Not many - four or five over the course of 20 or 30 yards - but enough to make me think some sort of dust-up had occurred.

Early this afternoon, while walking in the same area, through humidity and sporadic showers of rain, a bobcat crossed the road in front of me. It was closer than 20 yards. Tallish, shorthaired, strong-limbed with something like a small mane and pointed ears, it was not at all hurried by my approach. There was a certain apex swagger to the creature's demeanor. All cat class and cat style.

Respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment