Thursday, August 12, 2021

Show me how

I'm trying to remember how a life fits into time and what one does with it. Drive, work, drive, sleep. Dates - I've got a few but I don't really want them. 

There's a thunderstorm on top of me here right now. I'm gonna go for a walk. 

I took a walk through warm soup and got straight into a cold shower when I returned. I'm a little more awake now that it's time for bed. 

A friend and former co-worker calls from a Texas hospital. She's part of the executive leadership and is a week deep in 20 hour days because they're overrun with Covid cases. She's asking me questions about staffing regulations which they are no longer able to comply with. She doesn't know my position in the company was eliminated a month ago. I tell her what she's already doing is the best course of action. 

You can only do the best you can with what you have to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment