Saturday, October 9, 2021

Doings

Work has been busy and hobbled by low staffing, weary and increasingly demoralized staff, and a lack of shared basic assumptions about the work. As a result, I'm often walking around with urgency feeling a particular kind of anger ignite internally. That fire propels me through the day. When I get home, I have something to eat, maybe I take a few minutes to straighten up a portion of my neglected and disordered  house, but then I'm in bed. I read a few pages in a book and then I'm off to sleep. I'm thankful that sleeping is something I usually do well. I wake up at 6 AM on work days, take a shower, dress and hit the road. There's about four hours of driving daily. 

Today, I'm off. Without the anger to propel me, I feel hollow and without a clear purpose even though I'm relieved to not have to go in. 

Today it's a flu shot for the boy, lunch, listening to the new song my daughter wrote and an overdue oil change. Maybe a trip to the laundromat for a little added spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment