Sunday, October 17, 2021

Juice

A bright moon and a colder night tonight. The first frost hasn't nipped us here yet. I ran across two coyotes at different points along the road clearly visible in the moon's silver light. 

Gordon Lightfoot sang beautifully on my car radio about an old love. He said something like if time could heal this wound, he'd remove the threads so he could bleed a little more. I pretend I don't know what that means. There is a part in the song where he describes how it felt to walk with her. Soaring strings. They can sound silly or sappy to some people, I guess. But when you're in love, they come close to capturing the feeling of that thing your heart does. I can almost remember. 

I was in the city for a little while tonight and it made me feel old and out of synch with the places that were once familiar. They tested my battery at the oil change place today. It's pretty much depleted, the man said.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment